Tuesday, December 23, 2014

2014 Advent Beer 23: Mosco Blond Ale

Ah, the penultimate beer for this year's calendar, a blond ale from Israel. In my zeal, I give the beer a vigorous pour, and only too late notice the particulate matter spinning in the cloudy gold of an unfiltered beer. Sure enough, the label clearly indicates that there may be some yeast sediment in the bottom of the bottle, if only I had thought to peruse it beforehand! A moderate amount of off white head turns into a ring of pearls whilst I wait for the yeast to settle. There are aromas of crisp fruit, like apples, and hints of citrus.

 

Another smooth, strong (6.5%) beer, with a bit of bitterness in the aftertaste. The yeast gives this blond ale a bready bite, which suits me better than the normal lagery tastes I expect from a blond ale, and leaves a bit of tang on the tongue that lingers after the swallow. A pleasant beverage, but not really my style, frankly.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment