Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Advent Beer 4: Dude Oat Soda

Today's beer, Dude Oat Soda is an 'almost double India Pale Ale', from a Swiss brewer (Bad Attitude), who actually makes their beer in Ticino, Italy, using American hops. A veritable United Nations of beer, especially when it gets sold in Canada!

I appreciate IPAs, but I wouldn't call myself a fan. Besides, the bitterness of those extra hops seems more like an accompaniment to a hot summer day than a cold winter evening. Still, a very refreshing drink, with tight citrus notes layered on top of the hoppiness.
And obviously, most references to The Big Lebowski are greatly appreciated, even when they are in Italian.

 

1 comment:

  1. The Dude definitely abides! My favourite so far, and I'm not a big IPA fan. Too many craft brewed IPA's (and double and triple IPA's) are all hops and not much flavour. The Dude was very different. Lots of bitterness from the hops, but a TON of flavour.

    ReplyDelete