Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Valhallan Infantry: Konskript Squad

It's quite a relief having the largest single squad out of the way, but daunting to realize that although it brings me to the 60-model mark, this is only a little over half way overall (sigh).

Still, given that they are a big squad of plastic bullet catchers (I'm not much of a fan of the more popular colloquialism, 'meat shields') for the rest of the army, I'm pretty happy with how the "Konskripts" turned out.

The models are Cadian Shock Troopers, but I've replaced the helmeted heads with ones from the Mordheim  "Hairy Head Sprue".  I think they look sufficiently desperate and vaguely Eastern European enough for my purposes.

I'm a little worried about how they will look thrown in with the rest of my Valhallans; the Shadow Grey spray I used for their coveralls turned out a bit darker than I anticipated, but I am hoping the winter/urban camo will enough to make them look consistent with the rest of my force.  In light of their expendable nature, Audrey had suggested giving them all red shirts, in memory of all the hapless security men from the USS Enterprise, but I couldn't figure out how to pull it off. 

At least the heads help maintain the theme: the goateed gent in the middle looks kind of like Lenin on a bad hair day, and the fellow in front reminds me a little of Rasputin.

No comments:

Post a Comment